The Numismatourist The Only Worldwide Travel Guide to Museums, Mints, and Other Places of Interest for the Numismatist
Winner, 2015 Delaware Press Association Communications Contest: Nonfiction books for adult readers/Travel
The Numismatourist spans 410 pages with index and covers more than 150 museums, mints, and central banks on five continents. Almost 100 of these institutions are described in depth with pictures. The book is dedicated to the late Dr. Richard G. Doty, the well-known Senior numismatic curator, National Numismatic Collection of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History. The foreword is written by Karen M. Lee, curator at the Smithsonian Institution. Editorial reviews on the book’s back cover are provided by Wayne Homren, editor of The E-Sylum of the Numismatic Bibliomania Society, and Dr. Ursula Kampmann, editor of CoinsWeekly (MünzenWoche) and the MintWorld Compendium.
• List price retail: $29.95 (may be cheaper at various links below)
• ISBN-10: 1933990295
• ISBN-13: 978-1933990293
• Size: 6" x 9" x 1"
• 410 pages
• Shipping weight: 1.9 pounds
Orders for this book can be placed by the following:
- For retail orders (in no order of preference)
► Click here to order from Amazon.com for U.S. only
► Click here to order from Amazon.com Canada
► Click here to order from Amazon.com Spain
► Click here to order from Amazon.com UK
► Click here to order from Amazon.com India
► Click here to order from Wizard Coin Supply for U.S. & international orders
► Click here to order from Tower Books (a participant in the Amazon Services Associates Program)
► Click here to order from Libris.cz (Czech)
► Click here to order from ebenri.net (Japanese) 貨幣学者の唯一の世界の旅行ガイド
► Click here to order from JoyBay (Korea)
- For domestic and international wholesale orders only (coin companies, coin shops, book stores, hobby shops and other resellers). Setting up a wholesale account is required.
► Click here to order from Transline Supply web site
+1 800 575 4007 (toll free)
+1 714 847 4700
+1 714 847 0108 (fax)
E-mail Sales/Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
► Click here to order from Wizard Coin Supply using its contact form
- Coin World Article: "New book explores coin exhibits, collections around world," by Jeff Stark (September 22, 2014)
- The Numismatourist: the new reference book for coin enthusiasts who love travelling, CoinsWeekly, November 13, 2014, by Björn Schöpe
- Der Numismatourist: das neue Standardwerk für reiselustige Münzfreunde, MünzenWoche, von Björn Schöpe (German version)
- Michael Alexander's interview with Howard, for Coin Update, November 13, 2014
Copyright © 2013-2021 Howard M. Berlin. All rights reserved worldwide.